Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Parkour

 
What's the craziest sport you can think of? How about jumping off cars, buildings or anything that pops into your mind? In fact, parkour was invented by David Belle during the late 1980s and was developed in France. Nowadays, parkour is very popular.

  
Last week I had a chance to go and see some parkour training. The first thing I noticed was the bravery of all these teenagers and adults. They were jumping off buildings and doing tricks in the air. They used things that they are not very important to us, such as barrels or walls, but for parkour athletes these are really important and useful. They were surprisingly fast and careful.

  However, there is one big disadvantage. It is very easy to get hurt or bruised. Coaches train the teenagers to be careful with their tricks.

  I think the sport will stay/ remain popular in the future because it is very enjoyable. Anyone who wants to participate must be strong, both mentally and physically. I would like to try it one day if I have the chance.





5 comments:

  1. Oh, do you really like trying doing parkour, Eva? As I saw, I'm not very sure but I think it's a bit difficult, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would like to try parkour because I think it is an interesting sport. It is difficult but I like it.

      Delete
  2. Wow, what an amazing comment by blogger Marinos! Yes, parkour is definitely difficult but we are all going to give it a shot!! How? That's another difficult question to answer! :) Well done Eva for the superb extreme sport suggestion!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much and as you said we are all going to give it a shot! :D

      Delete