Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Charles Dickens's biography

                             A very interesting book!

Charles Dickens

Charles Dickens is one of the most famous writers in Britain. He was born in 1812 near Portsmouth on the south coast of England and he died on 9 June, 1870. As a child, he and his family were living in poor and he didn't have a lot of happy memories. His father was in prison because of the debts that were not paid.
                                           
       His novels

   He has wonderful written skills! By his novels, not only did he present his strong feelings, but he also defended the people who suffered by poverty. He always supported his opinion and his books are controversial. "Christmas Carol", "Oliver Twist", "David Copperfield" and other world-famous mastrerpieces have a very important message for all of us.

My opinion

At first glance, I don't like the idea of reading a biography due to the fact that I think that it might be boring, but we mustn't forgot the phrase: " Don't judge a book by its cover." Then I came round to my teacher's way of thinking. Never had I been fascinated so much by a book! I definitely recommend it! While I was reading this book, I also noticed that there are more to biographies than meets the eye! And I am ready to run a mile in order to read another biography like this. 

1 comment:

  1. See? We finally agreed! Teachers are always right, hehehe! Congratulations Marino on this magnificent new blog post!

    ReplyDelete