Tuesday, July 22, 2014

TALKING ABOUT MUSIC ON SKYPE

We loved discussing with Patricia Johnston about the music industry and her job as a musician, artist manager and company director. Teenage students of upper intermediate level were thrilled to ask her questions about her action worldwide and listen to all the exciting answers she gave us.

Links to help students blog about their impressions:

About the jazz guitarist, Gilad Hekselman: :http://taklit.net/en/on_tour/

Here is the name of the famous West African musician Patricia mentioned: MORY KANTE

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mory_Kanté

Here is the violinist she mentioned: www.linekruse.com

Here is the web site about the children's songs she produces: www.kidsfactorymusic.com

9 comments:

  1. We had a great time with Mrs Patricia. We asked her some question about her job and she answered all of them with pleasure. This was something that we did for the first time and we were a little bit anxious but we had a great time and we gained valuable information about the music industry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bravo Evaki, I am very happy for you! Did you check out the above links?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I check them. The links were very interesting!

      Delete
  3. I agree with you, Eva! We had a great time with Mrs Patricia. She was very friendly and that made us more entusiastic! I also visited the websides and I am really impressed. Firstly, I watched a video in which Gilad Hekselman is performing and I would like to say that he amazed me! Secondly, Kora looks like a very difficult musical instrument and I really want to listen Mory playing Kora. I also watched a video in which Line Kruse is playing violin and her mysterious but expressive music fascinated me! And last but not least, I really like the songs that Patricia produces for children and I describe her as a very creative person!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also aggree with all of you guys! Discussing with Patricia Johnston was an incredible experience for us, becuase, as we are still students, we cannot have an interview like this particular one, that easily. She was really friendly and kind and I suppose we're all grateful to her for letting us pose our questions! Thank you Mrs Patricia and thank you too Miss Christina, for providing us this opportunity! I really hope we'll make a special video just for her!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a great idea Marina! Let me give it some thought...

      Delete
  5. Well done to all of you guys for doing some online research and producing all those wonderful comments!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am sure there will be more online adventures with our beloved Patricia! I was touched by all comments. Well done guys once again!

    ReplyDelete
  7. One final question: What is the song/ music video (out of the ones included in the pages suggested by Patricia) that you absolutely loved? Why? :-)

    ReplyDelete